~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Real Food!?!?


When Lena turned four months old (Eva's Birthday October 23rd) we were able to start showing her what that spoon thing is all about. She wasn't sure about it at first and of course there was a lot more on her outside than inside. :) She started getting the hang of it after about a week or so. Until then, my dad and I came up with a way to get her to open her mouth and swallow her food (because blowing in her face, though entertaining to watch, would not get her to swallow), what we would do is show her the binky (she loves that thing) and when she would open her mouth, shove the spoonful of cereal in there, and THEN the binky, which she would automatically start sucking on, getting her to swallow. I know, I know, how deceitful right? Hey! It worked. :)


On Lena's first Thanksgiving she tried her very first food (other than the cereal) and LOVED it. If you couldn't tell by the picture, this was carrots. :)

No comments: