~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Friday, July 29, 2011

13 Months Old Update

It seems like the second that Lena turned one year old her learning and comprehension was turned on to turbo speed. Yes, I was SO impressed with how smart she was and how fast she was learning and growing BEFORE she turned one, but now that she is one I feel like she is doing these things about ten times faster than before! Everyday she does about 10 new things and I think, I need to write that down, so this is me writing down all the ones I can remember before I let myself forget them.

The other day we were both sitting at the table (Lena in her high chair) eating breakfast and Lena started to get winey and fussy, I said in a calm voice "Lena, calm down... now what do you want?" She looked at me, "Point to what you want". And she did it! She thought for a second, raised her little index finger and pointed to the cereal box on the table!

Yesterday she was at Nonna's house and my mom gave her a sippy cup full of milk and she spilled a little bit. My mom (Nonna) said "Uh oh" and pulled out a napkin saying "Now clean it up" She was completely joking and not expecting her to clean up the mess, but Lena grabbed the napkin and wiped up her mess! I'm so proud of my little girl! She even did it again for me. :)

I think I may have already said this, but Lena has officially started feeding herself with a spoon and she also loves to feed other people. A couple of weeks ago, Nonna made some pistacchio pudding and Lena fed about half of it to me... it was a little messy, but VERY impressive for how young she is (at least to me, maybe that's normal!).

I baby-sat Jimmy on Wednesday and while Lena was in her Bumbo (high chair thing) she dropped some Cheerios on the ground. A little bit later she found the Cheerios (I know I know, I didn't clean them up right away) and starting picking them up to eat them... then she spotted Jimmy ALL of the way accross the rooms (he was in the living room and she was next to the kitchen) and she walks the whole way holding one Cheerio at arms length to Jimmy and sticks it in his mouth. She then walked all of the way back to the Cheerios and did it again... she repeated this about 4 times! I was so impressed with my little girl who likes to share. :)

Okay, more of these examples are to come. I wanted to make sure and write about these before I forgot. :) I'm SO happy to be Lena's mom. :) I didn't think it could get even better than it was yesterday, but everyday she shows me just how great life is and how it just keeps getting better and better. :)

No comments: