~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Saturday, January 31, 2015

January 2015

We have had a lot of fun traveling but it has also been SO good to be back home.  I think the kids really appreciate having their "own" place a little more too.  :)

Walter


This month Walter has decided to start talking!  He is spouting out words left and right now and it is so fun to see him get excited about communicating. :)  He loves shapes and is starting to learn the colors as well.  Here is a list of words he says that I can think of off of the top of my head:

'loon - balloon
aw wet - all wet
mommy
daddy
mo! - more
out
ide - outside
eena - Lena
eese! - Cheese 
wak - awake
up
et - eat
wed - red
ween - green
wanky - blanky
winky - binky
wink - drink
weet - treat
cawndy - candy
bampa - grandpa
bamma - grandma
eeeeba - Eva
am - Sam
wa ter - Walter
no
uh-huh
weef - leaf
dah - draw
...

Speaking of drawing, that is Walter's FAVORITE pass time now days.  He loves to draw balloons, heart balloons and leafs, mostly. :)  He loves to name the colors he is using... though he still needs a lot of correcting. ;)  Another thing he loves to do is whatever Lena is doing.  He is big just like her and can do everything she can do (at least from his point of view).  It is so cute seeing him follow her around doing exactly what she does.  He gets so offended when she won't hold a balloon or toy that he gives to her.  

Lena


I've realized that it's been a little while since I've given a report on Lena.  She is still as cute as ever!  Always saying things that keep us entertained... I think I need to write what she says down, but then I have the hardest time because everything that comes out of her mouth is note-worthy.  She loves to talk about what she is learning about in school and I'm amazed at all of the new information she brings up.  She is starting to be able to read a little bit, although, it is not her favorite thing to do.  She still LOVES drawing pictures!  Randy mentioned today that we will need to buy a whole pallet of paper from Costco to support her drawing habbit (especially now that she has passed this on to Walter).   Lately, she is also creating things from cutting up paper and taping it together.  She has made about 10 dragons doing this.  She also likes making books.  Her imagination is breathtaking!  She can play for HOURS on her own just making up stories with her stuffed animals.  I really could go on and on about this girl and how much I adore her.  I am so incredibly grateful to be her mom. :)



And now, here are some pictures from the month. :)



Lena dressing up with her "car" shoes/skates. :)

Rosie and her sweet family took a trip to Pennsylvania for Alex's graduation and made a stop by the Hershey factory.  They brought us back some Reese's... most of which Walter enjoyed in this position, sitting on the couch.  He would get it... sit on the couch and unwrap it, run the wrapper to the garbage and then run back to the couch to sit and enjoy it. :)  

Homemade rockets. :)  (Lena's idea)

Like I said, loves to draw... check out how properly he holds his writing utensils!



Oh, small announcement.  To accommodate our growing family, we purchased a new-to-us bigger vehicle. :)  2013 Nissan Pathfinder.  We are loving it!


Box house at Nonna's :)


Fun walk near downtown.  My good old stomping grounds. :)





Silly Bath Time!




33 Weeks!

Walter found a little place to lay his head under Grandma and Grandpa's kitchen table. :)



One thing I absolutely love about our new car is that I can now recline the seats for the kids. :)  Yay for sleeping during long(er) trips without kinked necks. :)



Here is SUPER EVA!  Managing all four kids so that her pregnant sister could make it up the hill without getting TOO out of breath. :)




Playing out back at Nonna's house. :)




Lena is always ready to help me with dinner.  I was so surprised at how well she actually peeled this sweet potato!




Walter was being so cute with Nonna!  I love moments like these. :)



Lena LOVES holding Jemma! :) 







2 comments:

Stacie said...

These are all so cute. Our kids are growing up too fast! Jo is looking at these with me and chanting, " Walter is the be-est." Repeatedly! :)

Samwhell said...

Some more words from Walter lately:
Yachkt Yawnken - Jack Johnson
Lello Kawh - Yellow Car
Kaizy Side - Crazy Slide
Sham - Me :-)