Oh my, where to start. Naturally March this year was a pretty crazy month with getting adjusted to Eddy and all. (I honestly have been calling him Edmund but really like the nickname Eddy so I think I'll start easing into calling him that... anyway.) The adjustment so far really hasn't been TOO bad... in fact, when anyone asks how adjusting to three has been, I've been telling them that the adjustment to three is easier than the adjustment to two because you are already used to dividing your time between children and Lena is older this go around so she is a HUGE help... most of the time. :) Eddy has been such a sweetheart. He has started to prove to be about as fussy as my other babies were which can be pretty stressful at times... let's just say I feel like Curious George and Daniel Tiger have been baby-sitting way too often... I'm sure we'll be requiring their services less as time progresses. The other kids are adjusting really well to this change. Lena absolutely adores her baby brother and refers to him as HER baby (Walter is MY baby so she gets Edmund). Walter basically ignores that Edmund exists and kind of does his own thing when I'm with him... unless he's super grumpy... then he really wants me to put "Emun down". So anyway... I'll see if I can fill in some blanks with the pictures from this month:
I suppose I should've broken this post up into several individual posts but I'm now a mom of three with a life full of chaos and no time for dividing up posts. So here we go... we'll tell the story using visual aids.
This is when we got home from the hospital... I think it was around 9:30pm (March 9th). Lena was so excited to meet her baby brother. He ended up falling asleep in her arms right here and now she is always referring to herself as a "really good mommy" because she was able to get Edmund to sleep this one time. :) It's adorable.
We were able to get Walter to sit by Edmund long enough for a picture... and that was about the extent of his "meeting" Edmund.
First time being held by Grandpa... for some reason we didn't get a picture yet of Grandma holding him... I think she was busy helping out with the other kids and when she had him the camera had been put away... anyway... we will get one eventually I'm sure. :)
This is my official first picture with my three cuties. I'm not the type to bring make-up to the hospital so you're getting a good dose of natural-looking Olga. :)
The next day we were able to catch another picture of the three. Walter isn't necessarily excited about Eddy but loves doing EXACTLY what Lena does... so if she wants to hold him... so does he. :)
He really slept so good and so much in his first little week of life. :)
There's those eyes!
Randy stayed home a week to help out and oh man... he was definitely a HUGE help. Could not have done it without him.
My wonderful sisters came to visit a TON and help out in Edmund's first month of life. It was so wonderful to have them around. There were a couple days of awesome sunshine so we spent some time on the porch.
This is adorable Jemma at 5 months old.
Randy chillin' with Edmund on the porch.
Jimmy and Walter happened to be wearing the same colors... I thought it was cute. Lena was at pre-school and Jimmy and Walter played really well together. It was cute. :) Walter just followed him around mostly. :)
Having Edmund kind of forced Walter and Lena to become better friends... they played together before but now they play together ALL of the time and Walter does whatever Lena does and I cannot get over how absolutely adorable it is. I love watching these two play well together. Of course there are fights... every day... but we get through them. :)
Edmund ALWAYS wants his arms up... like I said... he came out of the womb with his arm over his face. Swaddling doesn't really work out for him. :) He does better with his arms available.
Cuteness!
Edmund's Newborn Pictures
I took these myself... I'm terrible and always feel guilty for not getting professional ones but oh well...
This is his first bath at home. Randy has always given our babies their baths and does an excellent job... I'm too nervous to handle them while they are so slippery :)
Like I said before... Eva also came to help out during her spring break (a week after Edmund was born)... she is so great with the kids. :)
Yay for more sunny days... A neighbor gave us this outfit as a gift for Edmund... Lena found it and decided it would work for her (it's a 24 month outfit).
Lena and Walter wearing the same size clothes.
Edmund likes to sleep all bundled up on his boppy.
First tummy time! :)
They were both so cute and just came out and sat by the tree to look at the new flowers. :)
Walter still loves drawing! He was so cute and bunched himself up on this little table to draw... he was SO tired.
No comments:
Post a Comment