~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Day 23 - ER Visit

Luckily some jammed fingers and a sprained wrist were the only consequences of getting hit by a car. On Saturday I went on my 8 mile run (in preparation for my first half marathon) and around mile five I looked up and saw a car driving towards me. I thought to myself "it's a bunch of teenagers who are probably going to swerve at the last minute then roll down there windows and laugh" then I thought "it doesn't look like they are swerving" so I jumped out the of way (almost) as fast as I could but my hip hit their rear-view mirror and my hand/arm hit their windshield. I ran the rest of the way home and the next day Randy's parents convinced me that I should get it checked out in case something was broken. Several hours later in the ER we found out that nothing was broken, thank goodness! Luckily I don't need my arm in order to run a half marathon!

No comments: