~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Lena's Baby Blessing and more updates


Sunday, September 5th came and went and everything seemed to go well. Lots of people came to support us and Lena's blessing was beautiful. :) Randy got a little bit nervous while giving the blessing because of course Lena decided to cry during the whole blessing, but the good news is that she was perfectly quiet for the rest of church. :P She doesn't really enjoy being on her back when she is awake.




We got together with Rosie and Alex on Monday (Labor Day) and they were so nice to let her try out the Bumbo seat they had received for Baby Getts and she loved it! (Will post picture soon) Needless to say I ended up buying one. We finally got a chance to play Settlers of Catan and it was really fun! I love that game and somehow cannot get enough of it. :) Especially when I'm playing with people who like it as much as I do. Unfortunately Eva wasn't able to come because she went to Logan that day to visit her friend Liz. :(
Lena has officially rolled over! :) From her front to her back. It was kind of funny when she did it because I don't think she realized what was going on. She was screaming at the top of her lungs while squarming around on her tummy and suddenly rolled over... she looked really confused and stopped crying for a second then after realizing that being on her back instead of her front still wasn't what she wanted, she continued screaming. Of course I then saved her from being so sad... poor thing.
I think that today was her first time actually talking to Dad on the phone. :) She goo-ed at him a couple of times and it was quite cute. :) She kept talking when I took the phone away from her to talk to Randy some more while smiling really big the whole time. All of the other times that I've tried to get her to say something in the phone she has been silent, so it was pretty exciting. Especially since she didn't even get to see Dad today. He left for work before she woke up and had to stay late at work (still isn't home) and she is already in bed. :(
As far as updates on the triathlon training we are being kind of slackers... although, I did run 3 miles with Jessie (Randy's sister) on Saturday and it was SOOOOO much fun, I can't believe I ran that far and was still able to talk to her the entire time... we averaged 12 minute miles which is excellent for me. :) I ran again on Monday (2 miles) and averaged 11 minute miles... so I'm already improving. The wind was too strong for me to go running again today, hopefully tomorrow we can go swimming or something.
I think that is all of the updates so far, I'll write again soon! Here are some more pictures to enjoy.









No comments: