It has been about two months (and a week) since our little Lena was born. She has been growing like a weed and is learning new things everyday! I am amazed by how fast she is learning! It is kind of funny, because before I had Lena, when people would talk about how exciting it was when their child could roll over or "coo" I thought, "cool" but didn't think it was THAT big of a deal... something changes when you have your own. It is so crazy because now every little "coo" she makes is so exciting to me. I was there to witness her when she was able to do nothing but cry and eat, making every little thing they learn big enough news tell everyone I see about it. Being a mom is really an amazing experience. :)
As far as the things that Lena can do now... she has been smiling nice and big for a while now and she starting talking when she was about six weeks old (her favorite words to say are "Ah-goo" and "Ha-ooh") :). She is also standing with just us holding her little hands and when she does this it always looks like she is doing a little jig! It is SOOOO cute! The other day I took out a couple of her toys and she was entertained by them for about half an hour! I would hold the little butterfly jingle toy a couple inches from her face and she was amazing by it and spent a lot of time trying to figure out how to get those little hands of her's to wack it so that it would jingle. :)
Sleeping always seems to be a big subject with babies. Lena has always been a great sleeper from the time we brought her home from the hospital.... well... at least at night. :) She sleeps anywhere from 6 to 9 hours at night but has a hard time with naps during the day. We started having her sleep in her own room on August 20th and that has gone pretty well, however, we do usually have to let her cry for about 10 minutes before she falls asleep, which is really hard to do. A friend told me that we could do this during the day for naps too... so I'm trying to get the courage to do it... it's hard to listen to her cry. :( But I know that she has to learn how to sleep on her own.
Randy and I are training for a mini triathlon, which has been harder to do than I expected. For swimming we have been taking turns with Lena and swimming at the pool... same with biking. Running is easier because we have a pretty good jogging stroller so we can take Lena with us and run together. :) Maybe I already wrote about this in my last post... it has been so long that I forget, so I apologize if that is the case. :P I will start writing more often! I promise! :)
Thanks everyone for all of your love and support! We appreciate it more than you will ever know!
Here are some pictures from the last little while:
No comments:
Post a Comment