James Luigi Getts turned ONE YEAR on September 26, 2011. I know I've said this and everyone says it but I really can't believe it's been a year. I remember exactly one year and one day ago from this day Rosie joined us for some shopping and was having small contractions while it was happening. We got together with the rest of my family that night and they hurt enough that she had to stop and concentrate, we were so excited and very much anticipating Jimmy's arrival. We headed home and at about 4:00am I got a text from Rosie saying "Baby's a comin'" telling us that they were headed to the hospital. I couldn't sleep and woke Randy up telling him the exciting news. He was concerned about giving them privacy and thought that we should wait before heading into town. I knew my sister wanted me there so I told him that if he didn't want to come then I was going without him... well, that convinced him to ride into town with me. :) I went up to the hospital while he tended to Lena at my parents' house. Well, the labor was longer than we were hoping it would be (as it usually always seems to be!). Rosie was in labor until about 5:00pm when the doctor decided that a c-section was probably the best option. I remember Rosie being really surprised by the suggestion and even a little scared... she cried a little bit and then Shellee said "It's okay Rosie, they really aren't that bad" and my mom told her the same... at that moment I realized how crazy it was that our mom's went through the same thing and how grateful I was that they were able to relate and help Rosie feel better about things. I'm so grateful they were able to offer that comfort. Well, around 8:00pm Jimmy was born. We were waiting in the delivery room when they rolled Rosie back in (I wasn't there right then but was able to go in right after. I remember when I first saw Jimmy I was so impressed with how instantly Rosie was such a good loving mother. She was so cute with him. He slept a LOT and was pretty mellow. He had to have a "Billy Bed" which was kind of sad since he preferred to cuddle.
Now Jimmy is such a cute playful little guy who loves to get into whatever Lena is doing. :) It was so fun to be able to celebrate his life with all of my family. Here are a couple of pictures from the event.
This is a bib I made for Jimmy for his birthday. It was a Pirate party. :)
Lena and Jimmy love to shake this fence and listen to the noise it makes. :)
Jimmy makin' a run for the fence shakin' :)
For the pirate party we all wore fake pirate tattoos... the babies had them on their chest. :)
There's Lena's tattoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment