~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Friday, March 23, 2012

Randy's Birthday!!!


Randy's birthday was yesterday (March 22) and unfortunately he had to go to work. But I surprised him with a couple of presents (his favorite kind of girl scout cookies, thin mints, and a tea kettle made for campfires so that he can have hot chocolate when he is camping with the scouts) and his favorite breakfast (scrambled eggs the way I make them) when he came downstairs to eat. He seemed pleased that I did something for him. It was fun to surprise him and even though he always says he doesn't want/need any presents, I'm learning that it's fun to keep track of what he wants (when he doesn't realize that I'm listening) and getting something for him as a surprise. I actually learned from him when doing this... he's always so good to remember what I say I want/need during the year and because of this he never has to ask me what I want for my birthday AND it's always a surprise, because I never remember what I said I wanted. :) I'm grateful for the great example he is to me of love and service to his own family and to those around him. He works so hard for Lena and I and never complains about it. I'm grateful that he was born 32 years ago and that I get to be a part of his life for many birthdays to come. :)

My family celebrated his birthday on a different day and here are some pictures from the day of celebration. :)

Alex letting Lena watch him play a game on his phone. Jimmy had already watched for his allotted 5 seconds. ;)



So Alex drew this picture of our family and we think it is so awesome! Randy was excited to see it. This is such a thoughtful gift! Thanks Alex! :)



Our cousin Deberah ('Buh') from Arizona was visiting us. She came to Salt Lake to audition as a Disney character for Disney World! It was fun to be able to hang out with her. :)

No comments: