As of today, my little Lena Bug is 21 months old. Oh my she has been changing and learning and growing so so so fast. Everyday comes with new exciting skills. I want to write down all of the ones I can remember now before I forget:
The other day, I asked Lena, "Did you give your kitty a kiss?" and she said "Yeah, I did" and since then she has been saying "I did" a lot. Usually she refers to herself in third person so I thought it was pretty neat that she started saying "I did". Later on I asked her, "Do you know where the remotes are?" to which she responded "yeah, I did"... that made me smile. :)
Lena has been so so so loving to her little animals lately. She has a fleece blanket with monkeys on it and she is always sure to give most of them kisses. She also makes sure that her kitty has a chance to hold things... she says "Kitty hold it" and holds her little Kitty's hand up to whatever it is that she wants it to hold. :)
Lena has been talking up a storm. She talks so much and it is so much fun! I love it! She repeats almost everything I say and remembers it for later. For example, last night Randy's mom was in town and was telling Lena how we can't see the stars because they were behind the clouds. Well, the whole way home she was saying, "stars bind cowds, bye bye stars"
Whenever we are stopped at a stop-light she says, "green, go!"
Her most recent love is "chocate malk"... she's so addicted that she will wake up at 2:00am to get her fix ;) we're hoping this addiction doesn't last too long.
Lena loves to go outside! We have been so excited for the nice weather and spend lots of time outside. She always says "shoes on, outside" when she wants to go outside. She also says "shoes on, walk"
When we go to the store or somewhere similar, we get her out of her seat and she says "Lena walk". And she knows to hold our hands tight in the road or parking lot. :)
Another one of Lena's new loves is running and dancing... which is basically running. :) She says "running" and races to the other side of the room... or runs in circles for "dancing". :)
She also loves her Jimmy... every day she is asking for "Shimmy, Shimmy!... "Shimmy, home"
She knows "Eva mission" :)
She LOVES her jammies... almost always refuses to let me take them off of her.
She's really really good with feeding herself... even soupy things like cereal and chili. :) She loves pancakes and muffins for breakfast.
I know this is getting long but it's been a while since I've written things down, so bear with me. :)
Lena really really likes her friend's dog Cedar and says "Cedar" every time a dog barks and proceeds to bark while kicking her legs. I think it is impossible for her to bark without kicking her legs. :)
She is always so happy when waking up in the morning or from a nap. It's fun to be able to have her come to us when she is awake and have her give us her big smile. :)
Lena's really good at giving "BIG hugs" :) She can also make the kissy sound when giving kisses now. :)
She knows most of her colors now, but somtimes mistakes red for "pink" :)
She is wearing 18-month clothes.
In ending to these memories, I just have to say, I LOVE being a mom. I love the new adventure everyday brings with this little girl and I love watching her learn and grow and being the one she calls for at night or the one she goes to when she is sad. I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to be her "mommy". :)
1 comment:
You are so good to write all those things down she is up to. She is so darling and I am glad she puts up with Jackson the bully so we can play.
Post a Comment