I am so behind on this blog that it's sick! We've done tons of things since I posted last and have taken lots of pictures. Before I take the time to document all of those I want to give an update on life. On what has been going on because there are so many things that I don't want to forget! So let's go youngest to oldest with our updates.
Little Mister -
I'm now almost 25 weeks (will be in 2 or 3 days) but who's counting? ;) This little guy seems to be pretty mellow unless you get up in his grill.. ha ha, I mean, telling from the ultrasound he likes to nest in his little corner and NOT move or show you anything without a fight. We had our Ultrasound on October 9th and officially found out he is a boy... don't worry, I will post pictures and more details on this visit later. Anyway, I feel him moving regularly and sometimes he even does one of those moves where my whole body jolts and I wonder if anyone else saw it and think I have a twitch. Lena is still unsure about the whole "baby in my tummy" thing and seems to avoid the topic... not out of jealousy, just because she thinks I'm weird to say I have a baby in my tummy... she'll get it eventually... maybe after he comes, but she'll get it. :) We haven't really talked about names a lot, I've found one that I like that seems to stick pretty well but I'm going to leave it as a surprise for now... assuming it ends up being the ONE.
Lena -
Oh I have a novel to write about this one since the last time I posted! Not only has Lena continued to sprout physically, she is growing so much developmentally. Her pants seriously turn into floods WAY too fast but she can still fit into 12 month shorts! She's my skinny string bean! She is talking non-stop now and asks a lot of questions! Let's see if I can think of some examples off the top of my head:
Where are you going?
Can I come with you?
Can I throw this?
Can I climb on this?
(Seriously the fact that she asks permission usually makes me say 'yes' even if it's technically something she shouldn't throw or climb on... what can I say.. I'm a sucker for cuteness!)
Can I blow bubbles in my milk? (again, I'm a sucker)
Can I trade with you Jimmy? (she's getting good... well better... at the sharing/trading thing).
Where are your shoes mommy?
What was that? (in response to loud noises... usually the construction going on outside our house)
What's the matter mommy? Are you sad? (That's right, as you know, pregnancy isn't the best on your hormones or emotions... I had a breakdown a couple of months ago I think and she was the sweetest thing... asking me what was wrong and why I was sad and gave me lots of hugs and kisses... she also brought me a lot of her toys to hold... "I get you a toy" she said... oh this girl pulls so much at my heart strings! oh and my favorite "Do you need a nap?")
Here are some other things she's said or says that aren't questions:
Jimmy was pointing at her shoe and said "there's a flower on Lena's shoe" and Lena responds "That's a flower! Good job! You remembered!" :)
I'm going to Becky's house (who's becky?)
I'm going to [insert jiberish]'s house
Don't leave me! Don't go without me!
Want monkey song! (Phil Collins songs from Tarzan... I like these songs but am REALLY getting sick of them).
Driving home from Nonna's in the dark: There's lot's of lights over there... Lena can't go to those lights because there's lots of pokies... only the car.
She's always laying out beds (blankets) for her stuffed animals so that they can take naps: "Shhh... don't wake [animal's name] up! He's sleeping"
Oh and my favorite! She has been singing so much lately! She starts strumming Randy's guitar and sings made-up songs about her animals... namely Mr. Turtle. Or she'll find something that looks semi like a piano and sings "I'm playin' the piano, I'm playin the piano" She likes singing the ABC's a lot too.
She is obsessed with LETTERS!!! Yay! She will point to billboards in the car and say "mom, look, there's letters!" in the most excited voice you can imagine. :) She sees them on everything now and sometimes even says which ones they are. :)
One more (for now): I was changing a her poopy diaper the other day and she looks and me and says "You're a good changer mom" Oh I feel so fulfilled! :)
Okay, I guess we'll move on:
Me (Olga) -
I've been doing great! In the magical second trimester where I'm no longer sick (also thanks to switching vitamins... wish I would've known that was the cause sooner!) and am still not too big to be way uncomfortable. I feel great! I LOVE LOVE LOVE being a stay-at-home mom! Lena is my life and I love being there everyday to see her wake up and play with her all day! I love hearing everything she has to say throughout the day and I love being the one who she says "Wanna hold you" to! :)
Randy -
This amazing guy continues to do awesome at his job... so awesome that they are calling him on more and more prestigious projects... the down side... more overtime... but he's a champ and I'm trying to be better at having dinner made every night..... two nights in a row so far! I'm on a roll! :) He recently won a fat-loss competition (I will post before and after pictures) at work and now we have a stationary bike in the basement (his prize for winning)... I'm going to start using it one day soon! :) Other than that he is still doing great in is calling as scout master... Lena loves to go see "the boys" on Tuesday evenings and then go play in the gym or nursery sometimes. He also built a shed in our backyard... I'll try to remember to post a picture of that too.
Well, I think that sums up or lives for now! Stay tuned for pictures with documentation... maybe I'll even have them posted on the dates they happened... cheating?... oh well! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment