There was just a lot of "normal" day living going on at our house in the month of August. With the adventures being the new things that happen with these crazy kiddos during each day. Walter remains to be a bit whiny a LOT of the time but when he's happy he IS happy. :) Here are some pictures of some of the things that took place. :)
Everyone loves daddy when he's got fun stuff on his phone to show. ;)
Walter was super cute to want this hat on... he's starting to really love wearing hats... for about a minute at a time, then he loves to take them off too. :)
So this "wall art" had a little more to it before, but Walter started taking it down today so I wanted to catch a picture of it before it completely disappeared. This is one of the many things Lena finds to do around the house. It was so cute to see her so busy at work "hanging" her pictures (and cut up shapes and images) up to show off. :) It is stuff like this that gets me when the kids aren't home and makes me miss them so much!
We broke out Walter's baby clothes to look through lending to someone... Lena was excited to look through them and found the good old hamburger costume (0 to 6 month size) and proceeded to put it on Walter... he complied this time. :)
My Lena bug with her crazy hair. :)
It's totally blurry but the best one I've got. :)
Some fun at the school part by Nonna's house. :)
Sam playing baseball with Lena... he's brave standing so close to her with a bat. ;)
Slide time with Sam. :)
Lena did the perfect photo bomb with this one. :)
Lena and her baseball... I can't believe how long her hair was!
Oh my, Lena melts my heart every time she draws a picture or makes a creation... it breaks my heart that I can't keep every scrap of paper that she draws on. Lately she has been drawing lots and lots of picture of our family and I love it! The little people she draws are so so so adorable! Her comments along with the pictures are even better! :)
I believe this is officially Walter's first time making a drawing of his own. :)
Oh look, he even decided to make some art on himself! :P
Hidden in this August post... we have a tiny (very tiny) announcement to make. :) We are expecting this little blob to join the outside world sometime around March 11, 2015. :)
I cannot get enough of watching these kids while they are playing so well on their own... no wonder nothing gets done around here! The only time I have a chance to do housework and here I am oggling at how cute they are playing on their own... *sigh* in the end it's those little memories that count right?
While Lena was at school one day Walter decided to take a short nap... I've had a hard time lately finding things to do to keep him happy so I thought I'd take him as my lunch date this day... well, the pictures make it look like it went smoothly, but really he took a couple of bites of his rice and proceeded to whine and be a grump!
Then I thought "well he always loves to run around with a little cart while I'm trying to get shopping done (which doesn't really ever happen since I'm trying to keep him from running into peoples' legs), maybe we can stop by soelbergs and I'll just let him get some energy out by pushing the little cart... and not trying to shop at the same time.
That also lasted a total of about 2 minutes... man! I just don't know what to do with this grumpy kid!
Walter's face after one of his favorite treats (chocolate donut).
Lena being cute and finding random protective glasses to wear. :)
Alex was so kind to let Lena participate in blowing out his birthday candles with Jimmy. Happy 30th Alex!
Well, Walter was napping and we had to be somewhere so needed him to wake up... he was sleeping really deeply and didn't even move when we made a little extra noise and went into his room... I thought, what a good time to capture a picture of his slumber... since typically I wouldn't dare taking pictures of this moment due to the chance of waking him. :)
Did I tell you that it is August? Yeah, Lena decided she wanted to wear her winter coat... hood and all. :)
They had so much fun measuring and pouring water! In fact, they were being so content that I decided I could quickly sneak away to clean the bathroom while they continued to have fun... I returned to about a gallon of water on the floor... but HEY! I got the bathroom clean. :)
One of those random moments that Randy decides to capture on his phone.
I was fortunate to remember that Lena had these pajamas in her "baby" clothes storage at the exact right time that they started to fit Walter... so I dug them up. :) Here's a picture of the "bear bumb" cuteness.







































1 comment:
I love these updates! You are so good at noticing all the little things. It inspires me to do the same!
Post a Comment