(One of the last pictures taken with her binky)
Until recently (Friday, April 13th to be exact... don't ask me why we chose to do it on Friday the 13th), Lena had a HUGE addiction to her binky. I thought it
was bad when she would reach down to grab her binky (when she was
frustrated) only to realize that her binky was already in her mouth!
Really? After seeing this I thought, "okay, weaning her off of this is
really going to be a nightmare"... I thought I would start gradual, the
first step I took was getting rid of the binky leash so it wasn't
attached to her all of the time. She used it a little bit less but
mostly it just ended in us having to wash it a billion times more and
having to search the house when she realized she didn't have it. About
two weeks ago I decided to take the "gradual weaning" to the next step:
Binky only for nap time and bed time... I did it for two whole days but
failed miserably when Lena spotted her binky during the day and threw a
fit. of course I gave in... I'm a push-over!!! "Okay" I thought, "The
only way to make this happen is to go cold turkey"... We waited until
Friday so that there would be the longest amount of time possible before
the day my mom watches her... I didn't want to chance her having to
deal with an extra grumpy Lena. I work Fridays so Randy followed my
instructions and cut the tip of her binky off Friday morning (something
my neighbor and sister suggested). Lena asked for her binky, Randy
showed it to her and told her it was "broken"... she then repeated
"binky broken". Every time she asked for it we would remind her that it
was broken and then I had her throw it in the garbage by herself and
she would say "binky broken garbage". I braced myself for a rough night
and it never came. Weaning her off of the binky was....
brace yourselves...
a PIECE OF CAKE!!!
I'm
so grateful I didn't have to go through the nights of endless crying
but it only leaves me to think that there has got to be something really
hard in store for me... I'm due for a trial with this girl... OR...
maybe this is to make up for the constant crying during her first three
months of life?
No comments:
Post a Comment