~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Friday, May 18, 2012

Twenty-Four

A weird thing happened this year... I had to do the math in my head to figure out how old I was going to be on my birthday... that's right 2012-1988=24... I never thought it would be easy to forget how old you are.  Because of this I wasn't really expecting May 2nd to be any different from the other days of the year... well guess what...  my birthday was AWESOME!!! :) 

It couldn't have started out better... Lena decided to sleep ALL NIGHT long without waking me up in the middle of the night.  Then Randy let me sleep in a little bit and had breakfast and presents waiting for me when I came down stairs!   I will post pictures later but he got me a much needed cake pan (now the cakes I make won't taste like rust), a couple of loaf pans (for my adventures in bread making) and a muffin tin so that I can make even more bran muffins at one time. :)  He also got me a tiny USB thumb drive to put my music on so that I can listen to it in the car.  :)  He also included cute Birthday Oreos on my plate and a handmade Birthday card. :)





My birthday was on a Wednesday this year so I got to celebrate it with both Lena and Jimmy.  When I got to the house my sweet dad gave me some chocolate and a flower.



Also, my mom took the day off work so that she could help me with the babies and spend time with me!  How wonderful is that!?!  We went on a lovely walk downtown with the perfect weather and the perfect flowers waiting to greet me at temple square.   :)   When we got home I discovered, not one, but TWO boxes on the porch addressed to me!  I wasn't expecting to see packages addressed to me at my mom's house... but they were and guess what was in them?  FLOWERS!!! and... and... even  better... CHOCOLATE!!!  Randy sent me flowers and chocolate at my mom's house and they made me so happy... their were two boxes because apparently the flower company wanted to give me a gift too... or their computer system wanted to so it caused a glitch so that I would get flowers and chocolate TIMES TWO!!!



Then I had some more fun watching Lena and Jimmy play... they had fun with a cardboard house that my dad built for them:






Randy got off work a little early and my mom baby-sat the babies so that we could go out to lunch.  We went to the Pi up by the U of U and then went to "The Sweet ToothFairy" to get cupcakes.  It was such a pleasant day for a walk from our parking place to the Pi too.  I love walking in perfect weather.

I also got to open the present that my sister sent me from Italy for my birthday.  She got me a cute wallet with matching coin purses!  They are so cute and I'm excited to use them and to be able to say they are from Italy. :)  She's so sweet to think of me.  She also sent me some Italian chocolate... doesn't get much better than that.




Then tons of people on Facebook wished me a Happy Birthday!!!  I couldn't believe how many people took time out of their day to wish me a happy day.

A couple days before my birthday my neighbor Kim brought me yummy cupcakes and a cute shirt as a gift!

This birthday really made me realize how grateful I am for my friends and family and for how much they do for me.  Thanks to all of those in my life who make everyday a happy day for me!  I don't know what I would do without you!

Oh one more thing.  A couple weeks before my birthday my neighbors put together  a birthday lunch/playdate for Kim and I since our birthdays are so close.  They made yummy wraps, had grapes and strawberries and super delicious treats. :)   Here are some pictures from that:

No comments: