~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Sunday, November 6, 2011

The Charger is no more. :(

On October 22, 2011, Randy's Dodge Charger died. :( Rosie, Alex, Eva, Lena, Jimmy and I were making dinner while Randy ran to the store to grab some parts that he needed in order to change the oil in my car. On the way home from the auto part store he was in the left turning lane to go into another store... he said he was about 20 feet from a truck that was in front of him when suddenly he was running into the truck. A lady (possibly drunk) plowed into the back of his car going around 45 miles per hour, pushing him clear into the truck that was in front of him, she then swerved away from his car and hit the truck (the one that was in front of him) as well (later we found out the family had just bought the truck), she continued for a block or so before stopping. Luckily Lena and I were not in the car, I feel so blessed that he is okay and well. Later I was talking to Randy about the wreck and he started saying "If only I didn't need to stop by the other store" he then continued to say "well, actually, I'm glad that it was me and not someone with kids in their car." He is such a good example to me of selflessness, instead of regretting the fact that he was the one to get hit, he thought about how horrible it would be if a young family with kids would've been hit.

Well, here are the pictures of the damage.





Unfortunately it ended up being a total loss. Of course, I would have totally been okay if Randy wanted to get another similar, totally-awesome, car with the money, but he felt like in the mean time it would be better to just get an inexpensive "commuter car" for now so we can pay off our other car. We now officially have no car payments AND get to go to Arizona to see my Grandparents over the holidays. While we miss the charger, I assure Randy that we will buy him a nice car in the future. :)

Randy's new/old car

2 comments:

Stacie said...

Bummer deal! But seriously it sounds like it was a blessing in the end. What a great feeling not to have a car payment!

Kim said...

Oh man... Glad he is ok. Way awesome to not have any car payments.