The party all started two nights before Eva's birthday. My mom, dad and Eva came over to spend the night. :) My dad played the organ which was so amazing... he is such a talented man! Everything he played was improv but sounded like it was written by a professional composer. I hope to record his music one day.
We then made dinner together. We had enchiladas. :) And as you can see, Lena helped out too! Both Lena and Eva sported the cute matching aprons. :) After Lena was in bed we had a chance to play some Settlers. :) Something we haven't had a chance to do as a family since Jimmy was born.
The next day we got up early to get ready for family pictures and Thanksgiving Point (talked about in my previous post). We (including Alex, Rosie and Jimmy this time) then came back to our house to make dinner (pizza) and just hang out and have some fun.
Here is Alex being awesome and reading to BOTH of the babies. :)
The next day of course was Eva's birthday (Sunday, October 23, 2011). It was a pretty relaxing day. We got up and went to church and then came home and chilled out until the main event. Dinner time! :) Here is a little bit of what went on between church and dinner:
Lena decided she wanted to eat and read at the same time.
Rosie and Alex played with their cute Jimmy pie!
Eva took a birthday nap. Alex decided to have some fun while she was sleeping. :)
Lena played with Ellie among other toys. :)
Nonno watched the babies do a little bit of playing.
During all this time my mom was working away making a WONDERFUL meal. Eva chose Beef Stroganof for her birthday meal. She wanted something that was as far away from Italian as possible, since of course she will have no shortage of that for the next 18 months! Randy also made some peach cobbler for dessert. :) Then it was time for presents. Here is a picture of Eva with the babies after opening all of her presents:
As you can see, the picture wasn't the most successful. :) Eva has an expression of I'm-trying-to-look-happy-while-at-the-same-time-keep-Jimmy-from-squirming-out-of-my-grasp. Jimmy looks pretty hysterical about having to sit in the same chair as Lena. And well Lena, she probably is trying to get down as well. Thus it is with babies and pictures.
Okay, now for some more important things. I must post a few words about my sister Eva Maria Comollo who was born exactly 21 years ago from this day. I don't remember the day she came into my life, except that I said the word "baby" when I first saw her at age two and a half. I DO know that she has been my friend for as long as I can remember. Of course we had our disagreements now and then, but I can't help but think of all the silly things we did and talked about as little sisters. :) Eva and I were always referred to as "The Girls" and were thus always grouped together. One of my fondest memories of this wonderful sister of mine is sitting up on our top bunk playing hand games (patty-cake, etc..) for who knows how long and trying to go faster and faster as we giggled and giggled.
Eva has always been there by my side and has always been so easy to talk to about anything I want. I'm so grateful that God blessed me with such a wonderful little sister 21 years ago. I'm so proud of her for all of the progress she has made in her life and for deciding to serve a mission. I'm going to miss her terribly, but know that it will be a good experience for her. :) I love you Eva!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment