I believe we have successfully made it a tradition to make homemade cherry chocolates over Thanksgiving weekend in Monroe. This is the second year we did it. It is a LOT of work, but after a year we tend to forget how much work it was and remember how yummy they tasted afterwards. :) Here are some pictures of the fun:
Here is a picture from when we did it last year. It was so fun to see Randy and Jessie hard at work making the fondant.
And here they are at it again this year :)
Cherries after we dipped them in the fondant.
Jessie sneaking one of the cherries dipped in fondant then dipped in chocolate ;)
Cherry chocolates after dipping them in chocolate :) (Without Jessie sneaking one)
Here's a close-up of one of Jessie's chocolates... she likes to add a signature swirl on the top of hers. :P
And here we are taking a break while we wait for more chocolate to be melted.
Randy taking a seat. :)
Jessie taking a seat on the floor and having a snack :)
Becky cheating and licking her fingers!!! Don't worry, she's one of the cleanest people I know and washed her hands after this picture was taken... I'm sure you were worried. :P (Please be sure to notice Jessie, still on the floor in the background, ha ha! Love you Jess!)
And you can tell how much work it was by the slightly messy hair and stressed look ;)... jk... I'm pretty sure the hair was from taking a nap earlier. And I was posing to be stressed. :P
1 comment:
oh those look yummy!! What a fun tradition.
Post a Comment