~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Ginger Bread Houses :)


We had the awesome opportunity on Saturday, December 10th (one day I'll stay up to date with blogging) to go to our friends' the Adams' house and decorate some gingerbread houses with them and get to know each other a little better. It was so much fun hanging out and having the opportunity to spend time with them other than in passing. Kim even made cute little "trees" for Lena and Jackson to decorate. Of course, Lena was more interested in eating the candy, but did get a couple of marshmallows stuck to her tree before eating them. :) I was also so impressed with how well Lena played with Jackson. Usually, if we are getting together with anyone I have a hard time keeping a conversation because Lena is constantly needing me, but this time she was playing and having fun the whole time! It was so much fun to see her enjoy herself. :)

I just have to say that Kim pretty much inspires me! She is so cute and crafty and always has such good ideas on activities to do with Jackson. One example is the cans that she put the candy in for decorating. (shown in the pictures)... she made these out of used formula cans! What a good idea. I just threw all of mine away! :P What was I thinking?

So of course I forgot my camera, but Kim was so awesome to take some pictures for me and e-mail them to me... here they are:

Here's the beautiful set-up!


Lena eating marshmallows from her "tree" :)


Lena and Jackson both enjoying some candy. :)


All of our houses from left to right: Kim, T.J., Olga, Randy. We voted Kim's house best use of marshmallows, or most simple. :) T.J. won the prize for most candy used, ha ha, he was so funny trying to sprinkle nerds all over his house. Mine won the prize for the most used frosting and Randy won the prize for best overall. I have to say, I was quite surprised at how amazing and creative Randy's turned out... he's a guy... I was expecting something much... well... different. :)


Close up of Mine and Randy's houses. :)

Thanks for the pictures Kim!

2 comments:

Kim said...

You are so sweet to say all those kind things about us. We LOVED having you over and doing this together. Good times for sure!

Stacie said...

Wow! Post overload for me since I forgot you had a private blog! It was fun to catch up on you...I didn't have time to read every word, but that Lena is sure darling and I'm glad you had a great Christmas!