The other night we had the pleasure of having Randy's aunt Connie and uncle Mike over for dinner. It was so much fun to be able to talk and play some games with them. This was their first time coming to our house. :) We played Ticket To Ride and I completely LOST but still had fun playing. :) I think that Mike ended up beating Connie by like 2 points and Randy came in third.
It was so good to get a chance to talk to them about how things have been going and about advice they had on parenting. One thing that stood out to me most in the conversation was Connie's view on being a stay-at-home mom. This is a decision I have been struggling with as of late and she really helped point out some things that I had never really considered. One of these things is the fact that being a stay-at-home mom doesn't only allow you to serve your children more but it also makes you more available to serve others, i.e. neighbors, etc. She mentioned that she was always available to make a meal or watch someones' kids when emergencies happened. I had never really considered that as being part of the life of stay-at-home mom and serving people around me is something I have been wanting to do more of. She also relayed experiences on how questions they had concerning their family or other things ALWAYS got answered when they attended the temple. I want to incorporate temple attendance into my search for answers more often in my life. A crazy series of events has happened in the past making it take a while for us to be able to see Connie and Mike (I might explain another time) so we were so excited to be able to finally see them again. :)
Another thing that Connie mentioned is that all of her nieces and nephews have ALWAYS been so excited to see uncle Mike because he is just so much fun with the kids. Well, apparently this is also the case with "grandnieces" because Lena had so much fun playing with Mike. He would stack up cups on the table and push them over to her so she could knock them down. Then she would gather them all back up, hand them to him and the fun would happen again. :) Here are some cute pictures I caught of the action.
Lena handing the cups to Mike.

Watching him stack with great anticipation. :)
Getting ready to carefully scoot them over to Lena so as to not let them fall before she MAKES them fall.

Lena going in for "knock-down"!
2 comments:
I've always wanted to play ticket to ride. I've heard it's a blast. I agree on the stay at home mom and serving stuff. Mostly because every time someone has had to tell me "no" to serving somebody else, it has been followed with the explanation that they have to work. It is also a really hard and very personal decision to make. I think your own family should be the first priority though. :)
I have heard so many people talk about that game, sounds way fun. I agree with Stacie that it is very hard and totally YOUR decision. Trust me I get my fair share of comments because I work and if quitting was an option for me, i TOTALLY would. I know that you have done countless acts of service for me and my family, a lot of time without even knowing it. You are amazing and very in tune with the spirit and I am SO blessed to have you in my life.
Post a Comment