~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Friday, February 24, 2012

New Singing Buddy

When I was a kid I was my mom's official singing buddy in the car. Mostly because I was the only one who wasn't too embarrassed to sing along to all of our favorite country songs with her (yes, I liked country and still do like some country, make fun if you must). Even now, every time I am in the car with just her she says, "I miss having my singing buddy". I get nostalgic for those times too and it's good to have the memories to look back on.

So anyway, looks like my "singing buddy skills" have rubbed off on Lena. Yesterday Lena officially started singing to the music in the car. This first song happened to be off of the "Cars" (Pixar Movie) soundtrack called "Route Sixty Six". :) She is constantly asking me to play the "Queen" song (Lightning McQueen) and as I listened to her little babbles in the back seat I heard her repeat the words "kicks" and "six" during the chorus ("Get your kicks on Route Sixty-Six"). She was actually singing along with the words and remembered when to say them! I'm impressed with this girl everyday and am so excited to have my new singing buddy in the car. :)

1 comment:

samwhell said...

You like country!? ;-)