So for those wondering what happened to the posts with pictures, don't worry, I have plenty of pictures that need documenting, but since getting the opportunity to actually sit down at my computer with the pictures at hand might not happen for a week or so I want to make sure I'm writing down the happenings in Lena's life so I don't forget them. The happenings that don't have pictures to go with them. So yes, as I've said before, the documentation of pictures and other posts might be a tinsy bit mixed up cronologically. I will try to keep dates in my documentation since the actual "Post date" might not be accurate.
Okay, now that is cleared up I want to write about some things Lena has been doing that I don't want to forget. This last week she started answering my "yes" or "no" questions very distinctly. I was so surprised (as usual) when asking her "Should we go in the bath?" and she looked at me, nodded and said "es" (meaning "yes" or course). :) All day long on Wednesday I would ask her these types of questions and she would look at me and give me her answer. :) It has been SO cute to see her agree with me (most of the time). :)
Another thing I haven't mentioned that started about three or four weeks ago is Lena's new ability to sit down on things (steps, small chairs, etc.) Of course, for a while she's been able to sit down on the ground when she wants, she actually always automatically sits down when I get her shoes out... because she's so excited to go outside. :) About a month ago she discovered how to turn around so her back is facing something and actually sit on the thing she wanted to sit on. She really enjoys doing this for some reason. :) If I am sitting on a step she gets really excited to come up next to me, turn around and sit on the stair too. :) She also does it on her own a lot outside. I will look up to see her at the doorstep sitting down and smiling about how proud she is. Who would've thought something so "simple" as sitting down would be so awesome!?!? I take so many things for granted in my life and seeing Lena learn these new "simple" tricks and being so excited about them helps me realize how all of these seemingly simple things really are so amazing. :) I love watching her explore new places or things. I love to stop and think "hey, why is that so amazing to her?" and then realize, "wow, that really is pretty amazing". :)
No comments:
Post a Comment