~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Saturday, August 25, 2012

14 Weeks and Pregnancy Update

For anyone who is curious... here is a belly shot of me at 14 weeks... not much has changed yet, but I'll try to be good at documenting my growing belly as the weeks go by.

Pregnancy Update:  (feel free to skip this part if you're not interested in descriptions of morning sickness and all that fun stuff that comes with pregnancy :)  )

I figure I better give an update on how things have been going with this little one... I'll do this mostly by comparing to the other experience I've had as a pregnant woman... 

Lena:  Never threw up but nauseous throughout the day, I decided that eating was the cure for this... which resulted in a 50 lb weight gain for pregnancy  number one... not the BEST cure ;)  I also remember feeling 100% on the day I turned 14 weeks with Lena.

This one:  Never threw up (hoping that option is passed now since I'm in my second trimester) and less nauseous but also less of an appetite... don't worry, I tried curing the nausea this time with eating too... left me feeling worse so I've tried to keep that to a minimum... well at least the junk food eating part... I find that when I eat healthy I feel better with this one... maybe those doctors do know something. ;)  Though I haven't been as nauseous with this one, some other symptoms have been more prevalent this time:  Bra size increased quickly (don't remember this happening so fast with Lena), completely exhausted after simple tasks such as walking up the stairs... I can feel my heart pumping out of my chest by the fourth stair, I've also had to wake up to use the bathroom several times at night early on... I never had to with Lena... probably wasn't drinking enough water.  

Oh, I'm now writing this at 17 weeks along and am feeling a lot better... more energy, less exhaustion and more appetite.

Let's see if I can break some of this up into weeks:

4 Weeks (Monday, June 18, 2012):  Took the test and it was positive!!!  I was so so excited since I did not have my hopes up... it took us longer to get pregnant with this one than with Lena which was worrying me... but it happened at the right time no doubt. :)  I wanted so bad to call or text Randy but knew that he would want me to tell him in person.  So I decided to think of a fun way to tell him and put a hamburger bun in the oven and when he got home I asked him if he could take a look at the oven because it had been making weird noises... he messed with it a minute and said he didn't see anything wrong... I asked "did you look inside?" and he said "yes".  About ten minutes later I asked "so you're sure you looked inside the oven?" and he said "Yes, there's just a hamburger bun the there." and I said "oh, I guess you don't get it..."  he thought about it and it clicked... he got a big smile and said "really?"  I nodded. :)  He gave me a big hug and kiss... very excited.

7 Weeks:  Started feeling the symptoms mentioned above

10 Weeks:  Announced the news to our families... we had my family over for dinner and stuck the bun in the oven with the oven light on and just waited for them to notice. :)  We stuck a note in the bun that said "will be done baking 23 February 2013.  For Randy's family we put a "BIG SIS" shirt on Lena and everyone saw it but NOBODY said anything... can you say AWKWARD?  Finally Jessie asked if Lena's shirt was a hand-me-down... I was like "no"... and she was like "well she's not a big sister" and I was like "yes she is" :)  I guess everyone was waiting for US to say something... well the shirt WAS us saying something... oh well, in the end we had a good laugh about it and they were excited.

13 Weeks:  Competed in the Stansbury Tri... well, didn't really "compete"... took it slow on purpose... however, I did come in SECOND to last and not last. :)  yay!  I started telling our friends and neighbors that day.

14 Weeks:  Stopped having enough energy to get up at 4:00am to go running... 

15  Weeks:  Saw our little cutie in the ultrasound and heard a heart beat for the first time. :)  

16 Weeks:  On the upward energy slope. :)  AND  felt the baby move :)

17 Weeks:  Feeling good. :)


No comments: