Today Randy and I finished our first sprint triathlon as a married couple. The Stansbury Days Tri. I was seriously meant to run this tri and it was all thanks to the awesomest, nicest neighbors we could ask for. I was seriously going to wimp out and not even attend the triathlon because the whole open water thing and for another reason you will know about shortly. Stacie and Sarah would not hear it and totally encouraged me to keep at it... Stacie even texted me that day and watched Lena so that Randy and I could test out the water and get more comfortable in it... the lake water that is... which is pretty much disgusting. Well, feeling good about it, we were about ready to go and as Randy is pumping up the tire in my bike he yanks too hard on the pump and breaks the tubey thing of the inner tube!!! Just then the Blakes ride by and I tell them that I don't think I'm going to be able to race, with less than a half hour there was no time to run to the store. Well, Austin happened to have an extra inner tube of the right size because he ACCIDENTALLY bought the wrong size for HIS bike... oh my gosh!!! How awesome is that? He ran and grabbed it for us and in no time we were ready to go. :)
The Tri itself went pretty well... I went slow but finished and that's all I wanted... I wanted to finish before they started taking down the finish line and cleaning up... yay I made it. Randy did awesome as well... especially for not even training that much... the only thing he was disappointing in was the fact that he took unnecessary detours on both the bike and swim... he probably would've gotten a metal if those didn't happen... oh well! There's always next year to try again. :)
I'll post our official times when they are posted online.
Our friend was able to get a picture of all of us on our street who participated in the tri:
Left to Right: Randy, Me(Olga), Craig, Sarah, Austin, Stacie, Christy (my running buddy).
1 comment:
You guys are amazing!! I think you were totally meant to do that tri, how crazy that Austin had a spare tire. :)
Post a Comment