~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 36 - Nest

The other week Randy and I noticed birds flying around outside by our back door and noticed that they were starting to build a nest. Randy was ready to go out and spray it down but I remembered as a kid having bird nests in our back patio cover and it was always so exciting to hear the new baby birds chirping every year. I said let them build their nest at least for this year and if it became an annoyance I would let him tear it down after the birds were finished using it for the year. I was so impressed that they built this little mud nest right on the wall! These creatures are so amazing. I still have to decide weather or not I want to leave it up. I've heard stories about birds attacking you if you go outside and I definitely don't want that happening with Lena. :(

No comments: