~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Thursday, August 4, 2011

In The Moment

Sometimes in the moment things or people can be so frustrating. But as we look back on these times we sometimes find that we miss the very things that we were so frustrated with, or at least look back on them fondly. This happened to me today and often does when I am at work. Yesterday Lena insisted on going outside and for some reason I had to go inside for a minute to get something. I grabbed Lena's hands to walk her in the direction towards my parent's house and she immediately knew what was happening and started dragging her feet. I then lifted her up so that her feet didn't get scraped and carried her by her arms up the stairs. This whole time she would bend both of her legs into her chest and kick them out trying to loose herself from my arms. As I sit here at work, unable to spend time with her I can't help but think how amazing it is that she knew that she could move her little body in that way to try to break loose. She amazes me everyday with the new things she understands and says but I've taken for granted the most simple things that she knows how to do, such as menuvering her body in certain ways to get where she wants. A little more than a year ago she didn't know that her body was hers and now she's making the connections to do all of these seemingly simple things. I'm so grateful for her cute little life and for the happiness and joy she has brought to me.

No comments: