~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 79 - First Bee Sting :(

This week Lena got her very first bee sting. :( I didn't even know that we had a bee hive in the bush in our front yard until we were playing around in the front yard and I decided to pull some of the weeds out of our wood chips. Lena wanted to help and is always a very good helper, she was taking the little garden shovel and scooping up some of the wood chips. She got closer and closer to the bush but she was close by so I could see her and figured everything was okay. As I pulled some weeds out she suddenly started screaming. I looked up and found about 5 wasps swarming around her and immediately waved them away, grabbed my little Lena and whisked her into the house.

I was so worried and didn't know how to tell if it was serious or not. I had also gotten stung just then and could see why she was crying, it was pretty painful. Just then my neighbor Sarah Yerke knocked on the door... I had left something at her house earlier and she was dropping it by. Knowing that her husband is a PA I told her about what just happened and she went out to Craig who was in the car and he took a look at it. Luckily everything was okay. Craig looked up the dosage for Benedril for her wait and they gave me some for Lena. The pain from the sting went away and all was well.

I know that the sting wasn't serious, but for all I knew it could've been. I was so grateful that at that moment Sarah was there just when I needed her and her husband. I'm so grateful for wonderful neighbors who are genuinely concerned for those they live around.

No comments: