~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

~ Randy ~ Olga ~ Lena ~Walter~Edmund

Monday, August 1, 2011

Day 54 - Mission Call!

Today I was able to come into Salt Lake and spend the day with Eva. The whole day she waited for the mail man (also known as the "Femail man" since she is a woman) to bring her mission call. I was on my way out the door to pick Randy up from work when she finally arrived!!! My dad got the mail and Eva watched in anticipation as he looked through it and said "It's here!". I think we both squealed in excitement and I went to go get Randy to bring him back since, of course, we would be calling the whole family over for Eva to open her mission call. When I got back from getting Randy I did Eva's hair so it was cute for pictures and we waited for everyone to get there.

6:00pm finally came and everyone was gathered in the front room. Eva opened her letter and started to read. She read about a sentence and then started to act really excited and read faster (we knew she had already seen the place where she was going and also got excited)... then she read it... "... Rome, Italy!!!!" We all jumped up and screamed with excitement! We could not believe it, she has been called to the exact place she was dreaming to be called. I was immediately inspired and determined to learn Italian so that in approximately two years, we could go pick her up in Italy and be able to speak and attend the new Rome Temple that will be built in 2013. :)

I'm so proud of my sister for keeping the faith and for sticking to her decision to serve the Lord for 18 months of her life. I know that she will be blessed for this great service. I love you Eva!

No comments: